Sunday, November 28, 2010

Online PD: Audacity

The first PD I did was a few weeks ago using an Audacity tutorial I found on the web.  I had never used this program and I was looking for something that would convert wav to mp3 files so students could upload their podcasts.  I found the tutorial extremely useful.  I'm not one to figure out how things work on my own . . . I usually look at the owners manual before playing.  When I work with Online tools, it takes me longer than the average person . . . so finding this tutorial was a great benefit.  I also posted the link on my class blog so my students could view it at home before they had to use the program in class.  Most were able to use the program without further instruction after they watched the video.  Of course I had a few that didn't watch the video and a few special ed students who may have watched it but couldn't remember the steps.  But overall it worked great.
Audacity Tutorial  - YouTube (may have to be viewed at home)

No comments:

Post a Comment